Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Thirty things @ 30.

thirty years. i'm embracing it. these are a few things i've learned.

1. be open to people. not everyone is out to get you. not everyone has a hidden agenda.

2. hitting up a drive through EVERY morning to and from work will help you gain 60 pounds in a hurry.

3. forgive those who have hurt you in the past. but more than this, forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you.

4. you can tell what's important by what gets prioritized.

5.  life long friends an invaluable.

6. i'd socialize, but it gets in the way of just being at home and doing what I want.

7. basketball is my mental escape.

8. not everyone has the same heart you do.

9. "there's a certain age where you can no longer use the term "good girl gone bad". it's more like "her old ass should know better".

10. Trust your gut. It's almost always right.

11. Sometimes, sometimes you find someone who loves you for you.

12. trust love. don't be prepared with a back up plan just in case. that is not love. that is one foot out the door setting yourself up for heartache.

13. running, going to the gym and not eating everything in sight will give you confidence and not so snug pants.

14. "you may not be the best teacher ever, but you are....like my mom said when a grown up is talking to you loud you thank they being mean to you but yall teaching us a lesson."

15. "don't say it's over 'cause that's the worst news i could hear. i swear that i will do my best to be here. just the way you like it, even though it's hard to hide. push my feelings aside. i will rearrange my plans and change for you"

16. never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care.

17. it is ALWAYS a good day to have a good day.

18. surround yourself with good people.

19. i can't change others but i can change how i approach them.

20. working with kids has made me a better person. it has taught me to have patience, to be compassionate, and to be understanding.

21. "ms. wilson, i don't know why you're sad but your hugs always make me feel better so i'm going to give you a hug, and i hope it makes you feel better like it does me.

22. paying bills is for the birds.

23. im independent. i can take care of myself.

24. it can't rain forever...that I am sure of.

25. i have become a morning person. i willingly get up at 4:30 am to go to the gym. i also willingly get in bed at 8:30 pm.

26. family is everything.

27. don't be scared. you live and you learn, but still...trust your gut.

28. "life can change directions, even when you ain't planned it. all you can do is handle it. worst thing you can do it panic."

29. treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

30. i am good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I did a post like this recently (like the day before I turned 31, clearly I didn't learn not to procrastinate). My 20s were awesome but so far my 30s have them beat. I think my favorite is "I can't change others but I can change how I approach them". No, wait, #6 completely describes my life philosophy.

    ReplyDelete